Saturday, December 31, 2011

Get lost in Rome with a camera; Part 2



Continuing on from Part one this is the second half of my blog about wandering in Rome with a camera. The first half covered my route from Circo Massimo into Trastevere, this part follows on until the Colosseum.....


From here I continued to wander north crossing Viale di Trastevere and of course I couldn't come home without a shot of a Fiat 500 or a Vespa(or both!)


Reaching lunchtime and a couple of hours in I made a turn east to start heading back across the Tiber via Piazza Di Santa Maria in Trastevere. The church of Santa Maria is one of the oldest in Rome and again I had to be a little creative in getting a good interior shot. With no helpful curator on hand I ended up taking this one with the camera on the floor.



Once back outside the piazza had quietened so I had the chance to get a few shots without the crowds and then it was time to reorientate and head for the metro.


 I decided to take a walk back though the Jewish Quarter and head for the Colluseum. The Jewish quarter is another great district for getting some varied shots and capturing some of roman life.


A short walk from here takes you to the Vittorio Emanuele II monument and along the edge of the Forum back to the Colusseum Metro stop.


I wasn't particulary clock watching or rushing around and I figure the route took around three hours. Just goes to show how much variety you can see in Rome even when you're not trying!








No comments:

Post a Comment